CACTUS AND SUCCULENT SOCIETY OF SAN JOSE
March 2018 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Attending: Linda Delgado, Kathi Cambiano, Sonia Dyer, Roger Lane, Dan Martinez, Bill Lemke, Svetlana Bellam, Wes McPheeters, Joyce McPheeters, Monica Moran and Mark Womack
Meeting called to order @ 10:30 03/04/2018
Meeting was a round table
- Spring Show and Sale (SS&S) will be a judged show
- SS&S information will be in the Newsletter
- Pots will be bought for prizes for the SS&S: 25 pots
- Tables will be ready 3:30 to 4:00
- We discussed the Show Bucks
- We discussed the box reimbursement of .05 cents
- Postcards were discussed. Should club members be allowed to get the $1?
- Roger discussed the purging of returned mail cards and e-mail notices. He said that he has been cleaning up the list.
- Early entry will not be allowed unless you are a club member, and then only if you are there to help, not just shop. Shopping on Friday evening set-up is only for those that are there to help.
- We discussed the Bank, Money in, Credit cards, cash, receipts, and checks for the SS&S
- It was voted on and approved that Dan Martinez would be allowed access to the bank account to help with the cash register end of the SS&S. Joyce and Sonia to help with the dollar count.
- We discussed the process for credit cards and "Norcal"
- We talked about John Bloss and the computer printouts.
- We talked about the credit card chips
- It was decided that the Show Bucks are more complicated than time allowed to come up with a policy. Sonia will form a committee to come up with a policy.
- Roger to hire judges for the SS&S
- Sonia to order tables for the SS&S
- Mark and Dan will look into Google sign-up sheets
- Sonia to have sign-up sheet for the SS&S
- Clerks, Security, Cash register help, Information, Plant hotel
- Teri to have sign-up sheet for pot luck portion of the lunch at the SS&S
- Sonia to work with Dan Martinez on access to the bank account
- Linda to make "Info" sign.
- Linda to coordinate the inside hospitality table
- Linda to bring check in tags for the plant hotel
Meeting adjourned: 12:00: LD